Living the digital nomad entrepreneur lifestyle is grand! You quit the job you hated and have a newfound determination to succeed for your new business idea. You already know that the path to success
is a long and arduous road with no guarantees but you’re a risk taker and you’re going all-in. A Digital Nomad Entrepreneur uses telecommunications technologies to earn a living and live life in a nomadic manner.
Successful digital nomadic entrepreneurs bounce from one beautiful exotic city to another and you can too! You just have to work hard and be smart about how you go about things. I’ll show you how:
1. Settle somewhere comfortable
As a Digital Nomad Entrepreneur you are location independent. When you live the digital nomad entrepreneur lifestyle it doesn’t matter where you do your work. You just have to do AMAZING work. You can work at a beach in Hawaii soaking up the sun or be inside a trendy cafe in South Korea. Where you work is absolutely flexible. What matters most for those that live this lifestyle is that you find a comfortable place to rest and relax after you put in some work. You don’t need a palace to be comfortable. A great bed, Wi-Fi, and a quiet work area for your laptop is a great start. Staying away from elevators and pools is even better!
For those that want additional comfort, here are 7 quick hacks:
1. Pack Slippers: Slippers help you to feel cozy and also serve to keep your feet off of dirty bathroom floors and carpets.
2. Cleanliness is Godliness: If you’re in a cheaper accommodation you’ll want to bring alcohol wipes to clean areas that can harbor bacteria such as doorknobs, your smartphone, TV remotes, toilet handles, etc.
3. Bring Toiletries: Using products from home bring an air of familiarity and comfort. You don’t want to play Russian roulette with products you’ve never heard of before.
4. Control Noise Levels: The exciting sounds of the city are welcome as you explore the city but when it’s time to relax you’ll want to be prepared with earplugs and/or a source of white noise.
5. Entertainment: If you’re in a foreign country and don’t speak the language you’ll quickly grow tired of the lack of English channels. You’ll want to bring a Kindle to read, a laptop or iPad packed with
your favorite songs and movies, and anything else that makes you happy. An HDMI cable is useful to connect your laptop to your TV and you’ll also want to bring along a universal travel adapter.
6. Snacks: You should enjoy the local specialties wherever you go, but eating snacks from home won’t take up too much space in your luggage and will help you remember home.
7. Make the Air Breathable: When you walk into a room it may either smell like smoke or cleaning products. Use some air freshener or consider using a travel-size air purifier.
2. Enjoy your solitude
When you travel to exotic locations as a digital nomadic entrepreneur you’ll usually travel alone. This time alone will allow you to focus on yourself and present great opportunities to increase your productivity.
Here are a few activities you can do:
Read. Reading will increase your value as you gain knowledge to stay above your competitors. Reading blogs posts on Medium are a great way to stay up to date on the latest trends in your niche. Reading books can increase your skill sets and understanding of complex concepts.
Self-Reflect. Think of why you are pursuing this lifestyle and what makes you genuinely happy.
Review Business Goals. Review your current situation and your current goals. Look at both your strengths and weaknesses. Always think to yourself, “How can I achieve my goals faster?” and continuously work towards more efficient implementations so you can improve on your strengths.
“Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.”William A. Ward
3. Work hard in the morning and sight-see in the evening.
Successful entrepreneurs are those that wake up early and work when everyone else is sleeping. Early risers benefit from increased creativity and inspiration in the morning hours.
By waking up early, you’re ahead of the crowd by being calm, collected, and most of all accomplished by the time your competitors arrive at work. Not only that, you have the freedom to enjoy the things that the majority of people are “too tired to do” like exercising to increase energy and eating a healthy meal for energy.
Did I mention that almost all successful entrepreneurs are morning people? By early afternoon, you’ll have accomplished everything that you set out to do. You can then unwind and explore your area while everyone else is staring at their clocks just hoping that they
can beat traffic!
Take a stroll and take in the sights and sounds around you as you explore the city or go off the beaten path. Visit famous attractions and soak in the history of the local culture. Maybe you can even go to a language school to build up your vocabulary and network! The possibilities are limitless when you have the world’s most precious resource…time!
4. Be inspired by what the world has to offer to an open-minded entrepreneur.
The benefits of traveling are tremendous. Many people grow up in one area and never leave. They miss out on the wonders of the world. They miss out on the delicious aromas of foreign food and the hospitality of hosts that hope to expand your
understanding of their culture.
Being a Digital Nomad Entrepreneur is an adventure where you are the main character on a quest to seek fulfillment and financial independence. Enjoy the journey and most of all have fun. Take risks!
You have one life to live and only you can make your dreams turn into a reality. It all starts with one choice that will change your life for the better… by living the Digital Nomad Entrepreneur Lifestyle! Good luck!